You will need
- Scrap papers of different textures and colours
- Glue stick or double sided tape
- Card & envelope
- If using a card with hole measure a piece of paper to become the background which slightly larger than the hole to overlap behind.
- Choose a contrast paper and cut out smaller than the first.
- Take a small piece of paper and fold down the middle.
- Holding the fold, cut out as the picture.
- This time cut a parallel line in from the fold edge.
- Open out and you have a heart outline (try this out with other symmetrical shapes too).
- Arrange your design.
- Add extra pieces to your collage design (the beauty of collage is that you can re-arrange before gluing everything down!)
Other tips and ideas
- Try out with different colour combinations
- Try tearing the paper for a different effect to scissor cut edges
- Add wire outline shapes with some sewn stitches
- Tracing paper makes interesting translucent effect