Make a pop-up card
You will need:
- sheet of card – any colour you like
- pencils or pens
- If you’re going to use paint or glue, protect your working surface with newspaper or an old cloth and wear old clothes or an apron
- Fold a sheet of A4 card in half and then fold once more. This will be the finished card size
- Open the card out again and re-fold it long ways. Cut a short, straight line from the fold. As you fold the card back to it’s finished shape, gently pull the centre forwards to make a triangle crease.
- Decorate this triangle to look like a pop up Christmas tree
- Draw a Christmassy picture on the front of the card. You have finished your card and it’s ready to send!
Other tips and ideas
- use old Christmas cards for inspiration
- paint your picture on instead of drawing
- use colour stickers like simple stars or dots to use as ‘tree decorations’
- use sequins or scrap wrapping paper or other collage materials
- use glitter to add extra sparkle